Sunday 4 June 2017

We all are hitched ;)

YES ! You read it right ;)

We all are hitched. Now you must be thinking, how?



Ok ! Let me tell you.

When i was a school going kid, I used to come back home with my mom as she came to pick me up daily at 2 PM when school got over. While returning home, I used to see an old man sitting outside his home. Daily he used to sit and read newspaper in that hour of the day. This continued for good four years. One day when i was coming back home, he was missing. There was no one outside his home. After coming back home, that day I consciously thought about that man as I used to see him daily on his usual spot. For next three days as well, he was nowhere to be seen. Fourth day, I rang the bell of his house to inquire about him. An old lady opened the door and I got to know that he is no more alive. In all these years, I never had a word with that man still this news impacted me so much that i could feel that a tear rolled down my cheek. At that time, I wasn't able to understand why it affected me so much when I didn't even know that man. But now I know what exactly happened with me at that time.

Everyone has their life story and we keep on adding and deleting people, based on our own preferences. Sometimes we don't hold this power, which happened in my case. In the above mentioned incident, it is clear that unconsciously that man became a part of my life and even left on its own. Somehow, watching him read the newspaper, became a part of my daily routine and when that routine broke, it left a void, as I still crossed the same street daily but didn't see him again.

Every single person has a story of their own and they hold the sole right to narrate it the way they want. If we see the larger picture, a single person is always a part of numerous life stories. All these stories are inter-connected somehow. As I mentioned the old man I used to see while coming back home, this is my narrative, my personal life story. Similar way that man must have a personal story too as in his narrative, he watched a school kid passing by his home daily.

So, all the life stories, we are part of  completely makes us who we are as a social being. One can't live just a single story, or we can say everyone has a single personal story and numerous social stories.
Hence, we all are hitched :)


No comments:

Post a Comment