Friday 16 June 2017

Much entailing Self Anagnorisis !

Today, i asked myself a question !

Do I know who am I?

I had an answer, I said "I am an individual who loves to read, travel, exercise, shop, cook and eat."
But deep down  I knew, this shouldn't be the answer to this question. That very moment, I realized that I hardly know myself. I know what i love to do, I know what I should do and I even know what 'll be the consequences of my actions. But, I don't know who exactly I am and how much I know myself.



Sometimes, the company we are in shape our thoughts and personality in such a way that we unconsciously lose control of our own identity and adapt according to the people around. This whole process takes place unconsciously most of the times. And when the person realizes everything, it is always too late to amend for the change he or she has gone through. In worst cases, this sense of realization never takes place and the person never get to know what made him the way he is. Only few lucky people get the chance to start over again.

But, Why and under what circumstances can a person lose his individualism?
Actually there are no such circumstances which we can count or blame. The influence of some people can be so deeply engraved that it eats us from inside, making us hollow. Some people trust people very easily and they are more vulnerable to fall into such traps. Keeping our individualism intact is a very tough job these days as people roam around with dual personalities. To be able to stand on our own values and morals is such a big deal guys. I know people who are ready to die for their principles but at the same time I also have seen  people who change within minutes for their own benefits.

Amidst so much of chaos, I still don't know who I am. And day by day, I am still trying to figure this out.

This realization of need to know about myself  reminds me of a poem, Keeping Quiet by Pablo Neruda which I read in my school.

 He says, "Now we will count to twelve
                and we will all keep still.
                For once on the face of the earth,
                let’s not speak in any language;
                let’s stop for one second,
                and not move our arms so much.
                It would be an exotic moment
                without rush, without engines;
                we would all be together
                in a sudden strangeness."

When I read it for the very first time in my school, I never paid attention to the idea the above lines carry. But now, I can very well relate to these lines as they carry the crux of this life. Self realization is must and everyone should adopt it in their lives to get the real meaning behind everything.

The journey I have started few days back, is still ON and there won't be any stop, until I find my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment